by: anonymous_user - 25th January 2008

Spent a week at the Hotel Elisabeth (amazing location!) we drove from Munich airport and with a "little bit of help" from the GPS found the drive and route to Ischgl easy enough. The slopes are incredible and the best we've ever experienced. The runs are well groomed, wide and not at all crowded. I would not recommend the resort to absolute beginners. I took me 2 days to pluck up the courage to come all the way down as the slope that ends at PardasgrachtBahn looks really steep from the bottom. I have skiied in several resorts and Ischgl has the toughest Blues and Reds of any I've been to. On the plus side is the fact that because of it's tough reputation there are not many inexperienced skiers around and not once did I have anybody "crashing" into me. There were falls but and a few skiers were ambulanced off the slopes but compared to other resorts - minimal. There are some fantastic runs and the highlight of our week was the "duty-free" run into the Swiss Town of Samaun. Not for the shopping but the sheer beauty of the run. The Apres-Ski is lively but not out of control and usually by 8/9pm things had quietened down considerably. I'm personally to exhausted to stay awake to party all night and I'm sure it happens there - but it did not disturb us at all (our room was 3 floors above one of the livliest bars) The town itself is confusing at first until you work out that there is an underground tunnel that take you from one side to the other. Nice selection of bars and restaurants and lots of ski shops (with sky-high prices). Restaurants on the slopes were pleasant enough but those in Saalbach (Ski Circus) were more authentic and had more atmoshere. I'm not a huge fan of self-service! But overall the best I've ever been to.