The Portes du Soleil is one of the largest ski areas in the world, with 12 stations connected on two countries, France and Switzerland.
- In Switzerland: Champéry, Morgins, Torgon, Val-d'Illiez - The Crosets, Champoussin
- In France: Abondance, Avoriaz, Châtel, La Chapelle d'Abondance, Les Gets, Montriond, Morzine, St Jean d'Aulps
The Portes du Soleil appear today as the Natural Reserve of Powder.
Nature Reserve, as the skier is still evolving in a natural environment. The lifts of the Portes du Soleil are discrete in a wooded nature, tracks slalom in the middle of pastures and forests, along ancient chalets.
Nature Reserve because the Portes du Soleil offer a unique ski offer : the safari ski. You can travel on skis, from station to station, from valley to valley, from one country to another via trails away from urbanization, far from any lifts.
Powder because of course the snow covers the mountains and the resorts from mid-November to late April. Conveniently located between Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc, the Portes du Soleil benefit from these climatic factors in confronting become significant snowfall.
The Portes du Soleil in figures:
* 280 pistes: 26 black, 105 red, 112 blue, 37 green
* 650 km of tracks
* 9 snow parks
* 201 lifts
* Capacity per hour: 252 168 skiers per hour
* 89 restaurants on the slopes