Read other skiers' first hand reports from Tennessee.

Displaying 31 - 45 of 231 First-hand Reports

Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort +
Machine Groomed
posted 185 days ago by RAB

Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort +
Powder
posted 187 days ago by Speedy

posted 188 days ago by lt1v8vega

open to the top!!!!! just wish the guns were off
posted 188 days ago by D.

I just paid $70 a day for a group rate ticket at Copper Mtn in Colorado over the weekend. 100 times better, bigger, and over 2 feet of fresh powder in a week. Ober is way overpriced to ski on sheer ice.
posted 189 days ago by dgregory464

I love these posts. there all true though. ober overrated. 6 to 10 session is ur best bet people
posted 189 days ago by Anonymous

Great day at Ober! soft snow, many bumps on Mogul, light crowd, Apres in the lounge!
posted 190 days ago by iPhone

Friday the parking lot was full of people not skiing. The line went way down the mountain. Police were sending everyone back down the mountain. The Barney cop was a smart mouth and extremely rude. We drove straight to cataloochee and had a blast!! Ober blows!!!!
posted 190 days ago by cburton4146

Obers pretty good this year ive been twice in the past week. Half the time they don't even scan ur pass to get on the lift and the night session is the better time for more experienced riders to go.. less rookies on the slopes. $20 when not holiday period for a night session
posted 191 days ago by Anonymous

to the dumb ass that yhinks they disnt get three inches of natural snow watch the weather !
posted 191 days ago by mshensley

board stolen. no help from staff. very crowded. guns blowing all day. never ever going back.
posted 192 days ago by iPhone

Did they blow 3 inches cause there is no way they got even that much natural
posted 192 days ago by houcks

20 degrees and snowing in the area, yet ober is NOT blowing! 22 inch base is good enough for them to relax I guess.
posted 193 days ago by iPhone

One day last year I actually drove up the mountain on a powder day and they would not let me park in the parking lot after I drove all the way up the hill because I did not have four-wheel-drive. How stupid is that?
posted 193 days ago by iPhone

Actually I ski. I also used to take up for Ober but with their bad conditions and their overpriced tickets it has been excruciating getting up there it is no fun anymore that is why I say go to Cataloochee!
Wet Snow
posted 194 days ago by brd

expensive and full of rookies. $65 for a lift ticket is pretty steep. if you have nothing to do its worth watching people crash into the fences.

Displaying 31 - 45 of 231 First-hand Reports