by: anonymous_user - 1st February 2008

I liked the story about being wiped out on the easiest slopes. Very funny, had a few myself! I've been going to Ober with my family and friends for 19 years as of Monday, February 4, 2008 and I guess you could say, we've come along way from blue jeans to ski suits. We haven't invested in equipment yet, so we still rent but it is worth if for a 6 hr drive to have some fun all day for the price. I've been to other resorts and for the south it is pretty good. It does get crowded on weekends so weekdays are much better. I wished it didn't get so icy but you can't help it with the weather conditions. The staff is nice and friendly although most of them are from another country and can't understand much of what we say, but they smile anyway. The ski patrol are helpful and fun to watch ski as well. I've been assisted many times through the years. Thank the Lord, I've never broken a bone or hit a pole but people and the orange barriers are another story. By the way, they need to add the orange barriers down the side of mogule ridge on the right side to keep people from sliding off the cliff like me! I'm sure the resort could do some renovations and updates but it's like everything and everybody, who wants to spend money? As far as the $10.00 charge for parking, I think it's bogusly ridiculous, especially if your only staying a few minuets to look around. Definitely need more parking space somewhere? The fire place is wonderful to warm up by and the lounge is nice and relaxing at night or day. We always stay a Jack Huff Motor Lodge behing the Pancake Pantry. Our favorite each year. Love Sweet Fanny for their polish sausage and footlong corn dogs, all is a gotta have. Even when it's cold we love Baskin Robbins Ice Cream. The fudge is always wonderful. Gatlinburg is a must. The town and MT's are a wonderful place to visit. I guess that's why we try to go back each year. Hope this was helpful.