Zell am See Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 29, 2007

Date Visited: Jan 29, 2007

Just got back in from Zell Am See on Saturday after a full week of skiing. I recommend Zell Am See for beginners and intermediate. Not all the slopes were open (lower slopes leading into the town in particular), but for the other 75% it was well looked after! With the snow we were getting towards the end of the week then I'd say all is open now. Stick with the chair lifts where possible as the gondola queues did build up at times. No queuing for the chairs at all. Plenty of eateries on the mountain, and good value for money at that. The town is good... much larger than I was expecting and it literally has something for everyone. Lots of bars, uncountable restaurants, plenty of nightclubs. Good town for getting off slope, showering, changing and then hitting the food/drinks. Apres Ski on the mountain not very evident (although I am told there was one at the very top), but you could not easily get back to Zell Am Zee if you went for that Apres Ski option. Beautiful views from top. We stayed at the Tirolerhof. Couldn't compliment them enough, and fantastic value for money. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, massage ... etc. Great food. At beginning of week you are given your table and waiter/ress and they are yours for the week. Big buffet in the morning served up to 10:30 and a super 5 course dinner in the evening. Zell Am See would be great for families... I for one will return next year, this time with wife and kids :-)