by: Nervous Beginner - 25th January 2009

Long runs suited to a varity of abilities
cost and lineups

I am a nervous beginner skier. Our family has been skiing on and off for about 6 years. Our skills vary from a nervous beginner to black diamond confident. We have found Tremblant meets all our needs. The views are breath taking, the runs are long, we can all find a trail that meets our skills and confidence level. My confidence has been previously shattered by another, much smaller resort, where beginners had to negotiate a steep narrow hairpin turn on a green trail. That experience has left me fearful of trying new resorts and new trails, but I still feel very comfortable and confident on the gradual wide slopes on the Nanson run at Tremblant. If you are a new skier, do not be intimidated by the height of Tremblant, you can ski the long gradual wide slope of Nanson with relative ease. Tremblant can be a costly getaway, the lodgings, the lift passes and the lack a brown bag lunch facility. It is a busy hill and can have long line ups. But as a family vacation, Tremblant is amazing, the old and new villages are charming, the shopping and restaurants are unique and exquisite. We have had the privilege of in vacationing in Tremblant in all 4 seasons and highly recommend it to all.