Owl's Head Review

by: Smartyv - Feb 22, 2008

Date Visited: Feb 22, 2008

Owl's Head is an excellent ski resort for skiers of all kinds. The view of the Lake Memphremagog is wonderful and I enjoy skiing there with my young family. I recommend this resort when it is quiet. However, be aware that Owl's Head is also chosen by the ETDS program to run their largest program in Quebec. What it means is that skiers have to share the slopes with noisy and stinky ski-dos going back and forth directly on the slopes for hours. My young children get scared when this happens and we usually leave. Since the program is run independently, we are not made aware of the event when it happens, so basically this is the surprise you get when you arrive on the slopes. The good news is that Owl's Head is also very close to other ski resorts a bit larger, such as Sutton, Mount Orford or Bromont. So whether you are looking for larger variety of slopes, or simply looking for a quieter place to enjoy calm and nature with your young children as I do, you can always experience the other mountains within an hour drive.