Switched membership from Camp Fortune to a family friendly Mont St. Marie

by: BR - Dec 27, 2008

Pros: Pros are: lots of families, chalet has lots of room, feel very safe

Cons: green hills not yet ready early, ski races take up to much of main hill,

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2008

This is my second season pass here and I look forward to another safe and enjoying season. My kids would like to see a better snow park and I would like to see the green hills be made ready first, then the blues. Also all ski races should be on the other side of the mountain, where there are less skiers. The chalet is well organized, staff at the opening season offer you a temporary pass until lines ups get smaller, never saw this else where. I find the skiers and boarders much friendlier, polite and respectful, probably because more families go there where at Camp Fortune, many skiers/boarders and staff were rude, except for the lifters. Instructors made you feel like you were bothering them when you needed help and often rude disrepectful teenagers would yell and swear at others on the ski lifts when going up which when you have young children can make you feel threatened. No ski patrol ever removed passes for disrepect nor for continuous cutting off. You always had to be on guard on those hills while at Mont Ste. Marie ski patrols were right there warning offenders. Thank you! It would be nice to see night skiing at least on the main hill facing the chalet, I myself prefer day skiing but many can't afford this so they go for night skiing. It would be nice to have specials that allow a casual skier to be able to go say every second weekened with of course xmas not being an option. Hope the weather turns better so we have a great ski season. I highly recommend this hill for families and new skiers. I also see thiis place for my retirement years and possibly a good place to work part time after I retire.