Masella Review

by: Patrick Thorne - Feb 27, 2007

  • Overall Rating 4
  • Family Friendly 4
  • All Mtn. Terrain 4
  • Terrain Park 4
  • Nightlife 3

    Date Visited: Feb 27, 2007


Full review

Massela is located in the Cerdanya in the central Pyrenees. The resort is close to the French and Andorran borders, and sits on the northern slope of Tosa d'Alp. It is located only 90 minutes from Barcelona.

80% of slopes are in the middle of the forest (an unusually high percentage in the Pyrenees), which helps guarantees the quality and quantity of snow and offers protection in foggy or stormy weather. The other 20% of our trails are located at the top of the mountain, offering a great view of the Cerdanya area.

90% of trails face north and there are more than 350 snow cannons – both helping to provide consistently good snow cover. Uplift is modern and includes three high speed detachable quads. There is also a snowpark and boardercross where skiers and boarders will find big jumps and plenty of other hits.

The resort is linked to La Molina in the Arc 2500 area, one of the few Spanish resorts lift linked together and providing between them the largest ski area in Spain with 113km (70 miles) of trails.

Advertisement

Advertisement