by: charliejoseph - 31st October 2007

I was part of a group of 16 people all family and friends with a varying degree of ability in skiing, we arrived at Turin airport to be told by our rep that the hotel that we were booked into had been double booked!!! Not a bad thing really we managed an upgrade to a hotel just opposite the slopes. We went in early April and we were worried about the lack of snow on the slopes. We had three 5 year old children who started ski school on the Monday. All I can say is that the level of tuition was fantastic. The instructor 'John' (English name for ease of children) was great he spoke excellent English and really knew how to encourage the children. The slopes were a bit disappointing for the adults as Meletz was closed, the staff had been sent home as the snow levels were low, however on the Tuesday we had a great dump of snow which lasted for the rest of the week ensuring some great skiing conditions. The town of Bardonnecia is lovely and everyone is warm and welcoming. I would recommend this resort for families with children. I can't recommend the ski school enough, they were great. Another bonus is food and drinks are cheaper than in more stylish French and Austrian resorts Coffee 1 Euro on the slopes.