Good Lessons, Nice People
Ancient Lifts, Bad Terrain
Before coming to tussey please consider the following.
If your planning on making a weekend trip to tussey hopefully by now you have a trail map, and by looking at the trail map you may be saying, "hmmmm looks like a decent place to go". Please listen to this and it could save you your weekend.
1. First of all there is no such thing as the little bear tow, It's buried under about a foot of dirt
2.The tussey T-bar has been opened up twice to the public in the past five years
3. If the winters good, Shamokin will likely be opened up for two days
4. Same goes for lions way, only it can be opened up for SEVEN days!
5. The quad goes at a high speed of 5mph, and if it's crowded, stops about 3 times during the whole 15 minute ride
6. An advanced skier/snowboarder can get down the mountain in 10 seconds
Alright I think I'm bashing a little too much on my home mountain, but those are the facts. There are a few bright spots such as Snowmaking, and Instructors. It's a GOOD place to learn to ski, not a good place to excel at it.
All in all, if you live over a hour away don't consider it