Terrible Experience

by: cvineer - Feb 27, 2009

Pros: Cheap, not much else

Cons: Terrible staff/customer service

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2009

I went to this mountain on a day was fairly warm and it was supposed to rain but did not. I could see that there was white on the mountain, but since you cannot go onto the ski area without a lift ticket, I could not see what the snow was like for myself. I went inside, paid for a lift ticket, went out the lift only to find that there was, in fact, no snow. Instead, there was solid ice. The mountain was impossible to ski. I've skied on icy slopes and tend to be pretty forgiving about it but this was by far the worst slope I had ever been on in terms of ice.

When I spoke to the manager, I was snubbed with a curt response of "we don't offer refunds for weather" before even asking for a refund. When I noted that I did not want a refund because of the weather but because the mountain was solid ice, the woman still refused to give me a refund. She was extremely rude and listened to nothing I had to say. She also continued to sell lift tickets to families with young children even though she had been informed that the conditions of the slopes were quite dangerous and she offered them no warning.

I would not recommend this mountain to anyone who values their safety, enjoys skiing on snow, experiencing satisfactory customer service or getting what they paid for.