First hand, user-generated ski reports from Montage Mountain.

Displaying 131 - 135 of 327 First-hand Reports

posted 335 days ago by anonymous user

Go another 20 minutes to Elk. Better conditions and all around better Mtn.
Corn Snow
posted 336 days ago by dmalwine

I was also there on Friday and while the conditions were definitely better on the double blacks than other parts of the mountain I would say that overall the conditions were poor. Thin spots with poor coverage are everywhere and although they were attempting to blow snow it wasn't freezing by the time it hit the ground so the end result was water logged thin sticky snow which sucks if you hit it while having serious speed. I also have a serious question for the management of the mountain, why do you lie so bad in your snow reports? You claim to have a 48 inch base and it is more like a 4 to 8 inch base. You also just plain lied about trails that you claimed would be open but were not. This is my second and final trip to montage this year and I may never come back again. If I can't rely on you being honest instead of being deceptive well the it's not worth the 2 hour drive to your once great mountain.
posted 336 days ago by 4seasonslawnandsnow

Conditions were great overall and I really enjoyed it! I spent most of the day down on boomer, white lightning and smoke. the conditions there are definitely greater than the rest.
Montage Mountain +
Machine Groomed
posted 336 days ago by AnnGrady’s iPhone

Wahoo! Love this place! Lots of elbow room, everybody really friendly, lodge is festive, prices for all reasonable...trails in great shape, nothing icy, new terrain park a hit with my kids too...heard the new bar is cool, looking to check it out later!
posted 336 days ago by skiguy

Was up last night and was very disappointed, they made lots of snow since the rain but most slopes were icy and full of ice ruts from poor grooming. Also, the lighting still sucks, all new LED lights don't help when they aren't working and there are huge area of darkness. I don't know how this can be considered safe or how a company can consciously allow this to happen. Very disappointed.....

Displaying 131 - 135 of 327 First-hand Reports