by: anonymous_user - 27th February 2008

Skied at Sno for the first time on Sunday February 24. I never had the chance to ski there when it was Montage, so I can't compare my experience to how it used to be there. Regardless, it was an incredible day. It seems to me that the new management is doing a great job. Almost every trail/slope was open despite the less than ideal winter PA has been having. Not only were they all open, but they all had beautiful snow on them and the groomed runs were done very nicely. The expert terrain(Smoke, Boomer, White Lightning) had some of the best bumps I have EVER skied on anywhere. Was extremely impressed with White Lightning. It had soft bumps and was one of the steepest pitches I have ever skied anywhere. They have some of the best terrain in PA in my opinion. I really don't understand some other people's reviews. For instance, about water fountains. WHO CARES! I would much rather see a ski area but their money into creating a better experience on the snow. If you are looking for free water, get a Nalgene bottle, go to the sink in the bathroom, and fill it up. It's the same water. You're really telling me you would take your business elsewhere because of a lack of water fountains??? That's rediculous if it is. Isn't your experience on the snow more important than the lack of water fountains??? Regarding the chair lifts that many people have mentioned; yes, they are slow compared to a high speed lift. Personally, I think people have gotten too spoiled with high speed lifts, but regardless what would you rather have? High speed lifts to access crappy terrain and snow, or slow lifts to get to the sweet stuff? Personally, I am reviewing a SKI area here, so I am going to focus on how the skiing was. In case I didn't make it clear already, the skiing was fantastic. Give the new management a chance to get their act together completely. Remember they just took this place over last year. I think they are doing a great job and it seems that some of the inconveniences created by construction and what not now will be worth it in the long run. I would go back to Sno in a heartbeat given the chance. Brian - Kearsarge, NH P.S. The 22 foot halfpipe is REALLY impressive. The pictures on the website don't do it justice.