by: Ray Baucum - 20th December 2013

Family Oriented,Snow Conditions,Customer Service,Affordable
None

Just snowboarded at Montage and Woo!!,what an improvement over the 1992-1996 experiences. I had a season pass in 192-1993 season and skied here 35 xs. The place sucked period. Why?, lossy ski conditions most of the time and terrible customer service period. Then it was called Montage and run by the county. I would rate it as 2 stars then and today 12/19/2013 I would rate it 4-4.5 stars. Why such a dramatic change?? The parking lot is huge with large circle for easy unloading of equipment plus you are greeted with a statue of a skier in the center. This alone gets you into the mood. I was then greeted by two smiling faces at the ticket counters that were courteous & prompt and showed they were happy to welcome me,not to mention a $20.00 ticket for 4 hrs,9am-1pm.. They also polled me as to how I heard about Montage. These girls should remember me, I was wearing Blue ski jacket with a white Penn State Ski Hat and I am an older gentlemen. Give these girls a raise. Later at the concession stand I was greeted by the cashier who apologized for having me wait for about 3 seconds to cash-out my order,plus he informed me that he would get me a cup of ice for my bottled drink if I wanted it.Iwas also given a warm welcome by all the lift attendants on all the lifts which included 3-4 lifts and last upon entering their beautiful brand new ski shop I was greeted with a big smile an a courteous welcome.So much much for a amenities what about conditions for skiing/boarding. These were excellent except for the Northface which of cource is Expert Terrain and in the shade which causes ice/hardpack. Besides if are not an advanced skier/boarded you should not be on NorthFace. I've been skiing 35 years and boarding 5 years been to Aspen,Hunter Mt,Killington + all ski areas in Eastern Pa and have never received customer service at this level. One more thing did I forget this is an excellent place for beginners and intermediates,yes great place for kids. I would highly recommend this place. My favorite ski areas are Elk Mt,Camelback and Killington,Vermont. Montage would be close to these. The main difference is variety and challenge.at the later.