by: cpamama - 19th March 2013

none
thieves

I sent my son up to Shawnee for a 5 week ski trip with our town. He snowboarded for exactly one hour before he wiped out on the ridiculously icy hill and broke his wrist. Before you blame the injury on his snowboarding, he boarded the previous weekend in VT with no injuries...not a novice. Shawnee promised a refund. The injury occurred on 1/4/13...still no refund by February. Called to inquire and was told they "were too busy to process refunds until mid-March." My phone call with the snarky Kevin Adams of Shawnee inquiring as to why they were holding my money for so long, ended with him informing me that my money wasn't doing them any good. Well, it certainly isn't doing me any good while you're holding it either! So, after waiting two months for my money, the check finally arrived...minus a $35 processing fee AND a whole day's ski lift fee! My son boarded for an hour and they docked an entire day! ANd the $35 processing fee would have been understandable had they expedited my refund. They took their sweet time issuing it over two months later. After speaking with the owner, Jim Tust, I still have NO satisfaction! His idea of good customer service was a free lift ticket for NEXT YEAR! He would not refund anything from the night of my son's injury "because we treat every case the exact same way." BAD business sense, Jim Tust...bad business. My next letter is to our town to find a new mountain to ski on next year. There are plenty to choose from and many with better customer service. Oh, and Jim...the bus company that transported my son to and from Shawnee that night gave me a FULL REFUND...because they know how to treat customers!