by: bbsham - 7th January 2010

Improving, evolving resort
Food needs to improve

In response to Train Wreck, let me voice my opinion. I have been coming to Seven Springs since the 60's and have seen many changes, both good and bad. In the beginning, it was almost like a private club where you knew everyone on the slopes and in the ski lodge. The terrain expanded with the north face side and the crowds grew also. The resort was family owned and operated and they did a fantastic job until the 90's when things started to deteriorate. The hotel became tired and outdated as were the the main lodge and the ski lodge. Thankfully, the family sold the resort. The new owners have invested heavily to start the tranformation. And frankly, I don't care about the other ventures of the new owners. Train wreck says the resort keeps making new terrain parks. Most people know the future of ski areas is closely tied to the growth of snowboarding and twin tips skiing. I am glad Seven Springs realizes this and provides the parks to satisfy the needs of this growing segment. I like the terrain parks because I'd rather the boarders and extreme skiers hang out in a park and let me have the rest of the mountain without them. When I'm not skiing, I do enjoy watching the kids in the parks and I especially enjoyed the Kristi Leskinen event at the Spot last March. I was here over the Christmas holiday too. It was hardly a ghost town, though I would never complain about uncrowded skiing. I say keep the improvements coming. Seven Springs is a kicking resort and getting better all the time. On afinal note, if I had trouble getting to my condo, I would contact my HOA and not whine about it here.