by: LizLea - 10th March 2008

I was actually incredibly pleased with Seven Springs - I've been back every weekend since. I just remind myself that I am there to ski and that it certainly isn't Deer Valley, Utah. So here's what I've realised... The first weekend, we made the mistake of getting a room at the hotel. I am driving from Pittsburgh, so its really only an hour but I was meeting friends who were driving further. I suppose for them, an overnight is best, but if we ever decide to to an overnight, we'll stay at the Days Inn in Donegal for 70$ instead of paying 275$ at the resort. And I'll bring some groceries. I don't expect gourmet food on the slopes, but back at the lodge? I want real food. The "restaurant" is really a cheap buffet, I remember asking the waiter about some of the menu items and he said "I would never eat here." Wise man. All I do now is park at North Face so I can park and ski. I don't go NEAR the lodge. I don't try to get a real meal. Although the fries & pizza at the top of the mountain aren't BAD. I am truly amazed by the amount of beer bottles that get thrown from the chairs, they never seem to make it into the garbage cans that seem to wait under every 3rd lift pole. Makes me wonder if everyone on the slopes is drunk...which would explain the lame food, its easy to feed hungry drunks, they'll eat anything. I wish they wouldn't groom EVERY RUN. I wish snowboarders wouldn't plow down the face of every bump before it gets a chance to be a mogul. But while I am out east, I'll be there evey Saturday until there's nothing left!