Seven Springs Review

by: weremic - Mar 3, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 3, 2008

Saturday morning my son and I got up early arrived at the mountain at 8:15am so that he could enter the superpipe event that was being held later that day. On the way up we were concerned that the snow report was not accurate parts of the turnpike had no snow some had a little more the report said 7" new snow as we climed up the mountain it became apparent that what the report said was true there was 7". My son signed up for the pipe event I went to the lodge got my skiis on skied a couple of runs on Wagner the snow was a bit crusty( the lift operator said it rained for about 10 minutes Friday night) there was some powder in the trees next to the alpine slide which was what we came up for. At 10 minutes to 9am I got on the six-pack headed for the north side I was on the 2nd chair behind the ski patrol. When we got off the lift the ski patrol guys headed for Gunnar Slope crossing Giant steps I knew they were looking for the same thing I was 7" of fresh POWDER. When we got there the slope was groomed WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS PLACE there are very few POWDER days in western Pennsylvainia and the Groomers ruined what could be the last one this year!!! Come on guys with all the slopes you have why can't you leave some of the slopes alone. The skiing was still good and after I cooled off we had a great day. Found some areas where the snow was under the trees (can't get a snow cat between them) They needed the snowcat in the pipe to clean out the bottom! But all the entrants had a great time and they gave away some great prizes.

Please leave some powder on the mountain we powder chasers don't get many chances in W. PA or we will save our season pass money and go west!

Oh and by the way what is the mess of slow snow zone fence at the bottom of north face.

Have a great spring snow season!!

Wayne