by: anonymous_user - 16th January 2007

This is in response to the other posts about 7Springs. I have been going to 7Springs for many years not only to ski but also to mtn bike and I have been a home owner there for 6 years. Yes I would agree that the snow has been thin this season but we had around 35 STRAIGHT days of above average temps. With the high temps/humidity we had it was not possible to blow snow. Our night time temps were in the mid 30's night after night. We had a number of nights that the top of the mountain was warmer then the bottom known as inversion and they tried to make snow at the bottom with ground guns but it was limited. If you truely visit 7Springs on a yearly basis you would know that this is why not because the new owners are not putting the efforts into snow making. The best thing that has happened to 7Springs in many years should be the ownership change. The Nuttings are promising to make 7Springs the #1 resort on the east coast and from many of the changes we have seen from being there on a weekly basis it will be. Herman Dupre (previous owner) made a comment to one of my neighbors last week that this is the worst he has seen in 40 years. So give it a break and before you compare another resort 200+ miles away know what you are talking about. We are going to have a stretch of cold weather now and I bet that they have the entire area open in 10 days. Our helmets go off to the Nutting family for making a bad season better by offering many off snow activities, the guys that did truck snow from Alpine to the front face and most of all the snow makers that have tried every trick in the book to keep us on the snow. And to the guy bashing President Bush save you stupid comments for another place. If it never snows again at 7Springs it is still a great place to have a home because it is truely a 4 seasons resort. Yes property is going for a premium there but it is supply and demand. Ever hear of that? Thank you to everyone for raising the value of our home there. Think snow and ski in control.