by: shaun - 6th March 2011

Terrain parks, hotel complex, variety of terrain
Weather

This was only my second trip to Seven Springs, but as a snowboarder who likes to ride park, this place is the best in the area. I honestly can't even remember how many parks they have: they just seem to be everywhere. The hotel is great if you have kids in tow, with a bowling alley, swimming pool and numerous restaurants, that all seem to be reasonably priced. The terrain overall is great, with everything from long, easy cruisers to somewhat shorter, but very steep trails as well. You've always got to factor in weather, as being Southeast of Pittsburgh isn't exactly like being in the Rockies, but the couple times I've been there (one was after an epic snowfall, and one was after a pretty good rain and in warm temps), they had the place in great shape. I've not had a whole lot of interaction with the staff there, but I've definitely not run into anyone rude or unhelpful. In fact, the last time we were there (February 2011), they were very helpful in getting our room ready for an early check-in. I just can't say enough about the parks at Seven Springs. If you're a snowboarder who likes park, you will absolutely love this place. And while I'm not a pipe guy, the Seven Springs superpipe is massive and seems to always be in great shape. They also have a smaller pipe up top which is great to mess around in. Bottom line, weather issues aside, Seven Springs is a great place to take the whole family, with a little bit of everything to satisfy everyone in your party. Oh, and I only gave it two stars for the nightlife because the only nightlife at all consists of the couple bars in the hotel, and the times I've been there, the Foggy Goggle closed early, the little bar on the main level of the lodge is just not a good place to hang out and drink beer, and the other bar right below that was full of drunken townies.