by: skifiend - 28th December 2010

North Face Terrain and snow cover
cost, crowds, and deceptive snow report

I was there yesterday for a day of skiing. They had very good snow cover on most of the mountain. I have to give them credit for installing the high speed 6 pack on the North Face. The Gunnar lift services some of the best terrain on the mountain and somehow the vast majority of the crowds don't find that lift. It's a drag though that 7 springs hasn't installed lights on those trails yet. The Gunnar lift closes around 400 :( Crowds are expected for the week between Christmas and New Year's. However, can we please lower the lift ticket price? I paid $68! That's only valid from 900am to 700pm too! That's pricing for VT, right? I understand that 7 Springs wants to get people to the mountain and all, but the snow report was pretty deceptive. They listed all of their glades as open yesterday and two of the natural snow runs as open as well. I was there close to opening, checked all of those areas immediately. NO WAY. If their snow report reads "thin spots" on any trail, please interpret it as "closed." Otherwise, pretty good day of skiing. The best run of the day was the Gunnar slope. It had the best snow.