Seven Springs

by: bmp42 - May 14, 2010

Pros: Easily Accesible, massive super pipe

Cons: Small Mtn, Overpriced, bad conditions, trails never all opened, innexperienced skiiers, snowboarders scrape snow

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

I began skiing when I was ten and I thought 7 Springs was the greatest thing in the world until I took a trip to Vermont this year at age 14. 7 Springs is a HUGE JOKE compared to Vermont, and the east is a joke compared to the Rockies. I hate wasting my money at 7 Springs because it is so expensive for how small it is. Tickets in good ski areas in Vermont are almost the same price as 7 Springs offers. The only reason I still go their is because it is so close to me. I live in Pittsburgh and it is the best resort around because we have no big slopes. It is a 2 hour drive max to 7 Springs from my house and and a 12 hour drive to Vermont. I would love to stop going to 7 Springs but it is my only option. Trust me, if you can get to a mountain with a vertical drop of at least 1700 feet than it is descant. 7 Spring's is 750. The conditions here are awful too. It always seems to rain and goes into the 40's some times. They have one of the greatest snow making systems in the country but they never use it because it is always to warm. There are also many bare spots because of bad conditions and sucky snowboarders who scrape it off. Most people who come here are terrible skiers and snowboarders and think they are the coolest thing in the world just because they ski. Lastly, the rails in the terrain parks are awful and they never take care of them or the entrance jump onto them. Really, don't come here if u don't have too.