by: Ed - 14th December 2008

SUPER STAFF
Icy bunny slopes make it hard for beginners to learn

The staff of Ski Rountop is what makes this place great. Me and my friend were absolute newbies and every single staff member, from the ticket booth, to the rentals, to guest services, and to the instructors went above and beyond. My friend had quite a bit of difficulty snowboarding at first, but our instructor took time to keep her spirits up and listen and provide her some great tips. I'd like to thank Steve, who was incredibly frank with us on how the learning curve is going to be tough.. he even let us know not to be discouraged because it took him five trips to the slopes before he got the hang of it! We bought the mountain passport and will be back.. its an absolute steal. Free lessons all year? How the heck could you beat that!? There were some negatives. The bunny slopes were way too icy (they could have blown some snow, it would have been helpful) and the bathrooms needed to be cleaned. But other than that.. not much I can say bad about the place. Thanks Roundtop, we'll be back many times this season!