by: anonymous_user - 23rd December 2007

I want to complement Roundtop on their website design. I was particularly impressed with their interactive trail map that showed clearly which trails were open when we were trying to decide where to go for a day trip on 12/21/07. Roundtop's website had far more useful information than I found at either the Liberty or Whitetail websites. While at Roundtop my daughter and I both took advantage of advance level lessons for $10, a pre-season special. Both of our classes lasted for 1 1/2 hours and our instructors, Rich (ski) and Steve (snowboard) were excellent. I was one of two in my class and my daughter was the only person in her class. Only one terrain park was open but overall trail conditions on 12/21/07 were excellent! Regarding previous comment on Ramrod and Gun Barrel trails, I have skied Roundtop several times a year for the past 7 years and always check conditions before I go. I have found these two trails to be open when I go after mid January and the overall trail conditions on the mountain to have been excellent. For a small area, Roundtop offers a lot of terrain variety and lots of fun!