by: Dave O - 15th January 2010

Decent trails. Good conditions. Nice ski patrol when son got lost
Crowded on front side

Son, Godson, and I went skiing on January 10th, 2010. Conditions were really great--as far as East Coast, packed-powder goes. Godson is a beginner, son and I are more advanced so we stayed on the front side with the easy trails when we got there. The lifts were pretty crowded. We did a little terrain park, which we all enjoyed. Lots of variety there. One of the things I like best about Liberty is the trail "Whitney's Way". It's an easy intermediate that you can get to from a beginner trail (Dipsey Doodle). It was perfect for my Godson. He had mastered the beginner trails pretty well so Whitney's Way was the perfect next step for him to attempt. It got us to the back side of the mountain where there was no lift line--and it gave him some confidence to try some intermediate trails. Of course, the cutoff from Dipsey Doodle to Whitney's Way later confused my son and he took the wrong trail at that point and was stuck on the back side where our walky-talkies couldn't reach each other. He got in the lift line and was immediately helped by Eric from the Ski Patrol (thanks Eric) who took him to the top where they reached me on the walky-talky and they fed him some good cookies until I got there. Liberty is a nice place in my book. It made for a fun day.