- Overall Rating 1
- Family Friendly 2
- All Mtn. Terrain 1
- Terrain Park 1
- Nightlife 1
Pros: location convenient to NYC skiiers and snowboarders
Cons: the whole resort
Recommended For: Family Friendly
Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010
I used to love Camelback because the trails were in good condition and the terrain park wasn't bad. The food and lift tickets were pricey but that's understandable from a big ski resort. But now, the new management has made a big number of blunders and because of that, I consider this to be one of the worst if not the worst ski resorts I have ever been to. Some things that they have done:
1) Added preferred parking section, as if they needed more money
2) $10 PARK PASS (Are you kidding me?!? - Pay to enter their mediocre terrain park?)
3) One day decided to not close the left side of the resort but also shut down the MAIN LIFT and refused to work on it on a weekend! So, there was a really huge line on the only lift that took you to the top of the mountain (which was a double btw)
4) Trails are really icy, especially on the green trails. On some trails, you can start to see the dirt below the snow. Despicable.
5) $600 season pass?!?!?!? I think some places in Vermont sell season passes cheaper than this
In short, Camelback used to be a great resort but new management turned this place to be one of the worst places you can ever go to.