by: andyvictory - 20th January 2010

Pass a Sonic on the way there
horrendous, borderline careless conditions, price tags on everything

Ive been riding Camelback for roughly 11 years now. While it was never the best, it was always at least decent. I have to say my recent trip to this mountain will be my absolute last, a mistake i will never make again. The stingy, money-hungry approach management is currently taking is reflected by deplorable conditions and a clearly visible all around lack of effort. Forcing paying customers to basically buy an entire second lift pass in order to ride crowded, rut-filled, poorly maintained terrain parks is quite possibly the most despicable thing i've encountered in my 15 years of snowboarding. Between that and the paid parking they installed this year I was left waiting to see toll booths in front of the bathrooms. This place makes for such a terrible ski and snowboard experience nowadays that it is just laughable, and that is a shame to some of us PA skiers who used to flock here to escape smaller local mountains with treacherous conditions. ... you spend an arm and a leg on your lift ticket, just to find that "Toll" trails apparently exist, and 1/6th of Camelback Mountain is dedicated to them.