by: mountain60 - 8th January 2010

Lots of beginner/intermediate trails
Disorganized, long lines

We went to Camelback in the past 3 years because it has lots of beginner/intermediate trails which my daughter likes. We went there on Dec. 27, 2009. I bought the triple pack tickets online, but I needed to pick up the tickets at one of the 2 ticket windows. There were some computer problems and we waited for almost an hour to get the ticket! Not happy about this! We went there again on Jan 1. Getting the lift tickets was fine since I had the triple pack and only needed to exchange it to day ticket which could be done at any windows. There were relatively long lines on the popular express lifts througout the day. And then they closed the quad express lift (Stevenson) around 5:00 pm. That caused long lines of all other lifts. Another thing I don't like is they dedicated a few trails to Terrain Parks which regular skiers is not allowed to go and not even allowed to take the lift! We have been reluctant to try other ski resorts fearing they may not have enough beginner/intermediate trails, but we have to try that.