by: EeZeEpEe - 16th March 2009

Close to NYC, terrain park improvements, okay conditions most of the season
Close to NYC, Crowded weekends, icy at night, expensive food

This is my "local" mountain that I became a regular this past 2008/2009 season. I've made this my usually place to go to because it's close to NYC so I can make the drive in under usually 1.5 hours. Also they had a great $79 triple lift ticket deal early in the season so I purchased 3 of them. As everyone else has mentioned it gets packed but this happens to nearly all the resorts that are within 5 hours of NYC anyway so it's to be expected. Also all these ski/snowboard resorts are small in comparison to anything in the Rockies or West Coast. One advice I can give is to just use the slower but shorter lines on the triple lifts. This season was good because they made improvements with the snowmaking and the terrain parks. For most of the season conditions were okay. It was only when it got warmer mid-February when the icy nights would happen. Bring your own food in a cooler because a large drink and chicken fingers with fries is nearly $10. Overall, just like my title says, it's good but not great.