BOOO!!!! Discontinued 1/2 Day Tickets

by: DallasSux - Dec 15, 2008

Pros: Family has a house nearby

Cons: NO 1/2 DAY TIX! Overpriced, boring terrain.

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2008

Camelback is what it is...a mountain in the Poconos. Fine. It's the closest area I have so I go there a few days each season to get a fix outside my annual western ski trip. It's not like I'm expecting Colorado, Vermont, or even NY when I go there. I expect unchallenging terrain. I expect the Double Black to be no more than a Blue. Again, it is what it is and I'm ok with that. The black runs have a steep(ish) face at the top. Three turns and your out of the face and into runout for the final 3/4 of the run. Again, it is what it is.

My biggest SKI complaint with Camelback is that they groom every square inch of every slope. What is the harm of leaving just one mogul run. Heck, how about just one line? Blue Mountain keeps one mogul run. Why can't Camelback? The mountainwide shaving makes for a day of skiing that gets really old after a couple hours.

Now, my BIGGEST OVERALL compaint of the mountain...they eliminated the half day ticket for 2008. First off, it is already the most expensive mountain in the area, offering the fewest breaks. Now it looks like they got rid of all the breaks. Including, astoundingly enough, the half day ticket. This is a complete ripoff and very unfair to their customers. I am one who, when at Camelback, gets an afternoon ticket and calls it quits after 3 to 4 hours. I've looked around, Jack Frost/Big Boulder did the same, but I haven't been there in years. Considering the shape of the economy, this seems to be a really stupid time to pull such a greedy move. That's all it is, pure greed.

Camelback has officially lost my business. Why would I pay for a full day there, feed the greed, when I can spend about $12 less for a half day ticket at Blue or elsewhere? My local ski business will go to the less greedy ski areas of Blue, Sno and Elk.