by: anonymous_user - 8th March 2008

I have skied Camelback all season with my family (kids 8,6 and 2). We have also tried JF/BB but keep coming back to Camelback. We have had an amazing season. In our experience, the lessons at Camelback are far better, especially for the kids. We have found that often, there is no need for private lessons since in the group lessons the kids often get split down to 2 kids per instructor (once they get beyond the true beginner phase). The trails there are varied and challenging and alot of fun for all levels. When there is fresh snow, there is no place better around. Seems to get icy easily and often though. Avoid holiday weekends if you are a nervous skier or sking with a few kids because it is very overcrowded and stressful but I guess that is probably the same everywhere. I have used the babysitting alot for my 2 year old and it is good for the $5 hr that they charge. We have also put the older kids there after lunch if they run out of gas early. Although the mountain is great, avoid the lodge if you can. The dining and lodge situation leaves alot to be desired. There are very few healthy options and very pricey. Also, simply no seating and the bathrooms are pretty nasty. We avoid eating there if possible. By far, the best place to eat is the deli on the top of the mountain - better food, less crowded and a cool view.