Camelback Mountain Resort Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 20, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 20, 2008

I made the mistake of going on a holiday weekend. A 15 minute walk from my car with my gear revealed a 20 minute line for lift tickets. The guy directing the loads of traffic told me it would be faster to walk from Lot 12 to the lodge where I could buy a lift ticket than to wait for their shuttle. The waits for the lifts were about 15 minutes a run, which never got much better as the day went on. I guess it was good for them, as the majority of times while I was standing there someone came around to check my lift ticket.

Past 5PM most of the runs were solid ice. Seriously. This was just as bad if not worse than the rest of the poconos, and it had even been cold this week. There was almost no snow to speak of. This made even green runs seem really dangerous to me, though it was a lot of fun flying down the mountain with not a whole lot of control. Though the ice did force some of the people to leave, as earlier in the day the narrow runs were so crowded with people it was almost impossible to ski on them.