by: anonymous_user - 22nd December 2007

I have skied at Blue Mountain, Shawnee, Camelback and a few others in the Poconos. When I first took up skiing, Camelback was the first place I went, and the lessons I took taught me everything I needed to know. The instructors were friendly and the people were nice. They all cared about the progress the kids were making. Today, since it wasn't a very busy day, all the lift attendants were friendly. I had some conversations with a few of them and they are good people. Very friendly mountain. 5/5 I don't understand why people give Camelback such a bad rating. All of my experiences there have been the best (as far as the Poconos go). The mountain has a lot of terrain and they have lights on every trail. 100% Night skiing is nice when you cannot get to the mountain until 4 pm. I have skied in early December and also in March here and the conditions have been pretty well. For the mountain, it is always well groomed. They are always making snow whenever I go up there (unless recent snowfalls or busy days). They have a ton of trails to choose from, and two high-speed detachable quads (get you up the mountain nice and fast). You can take runs all day long and not have to take a slow lift up, so the trails connect the two high-speed quads. Today, December 21, 2007 I went to the mountain and they had 4 trails closed (because they were snowmaking on those trails) but the rest of the mountain was open and the snow conditions were good. Mostly packed powder, and very little ice. It was a foggy day, and it was hard to see at the top of the mountain, and towards the end of the day there was flurries coming down, so all in all it was a fun day. As far as the Poconos go, this is a quality mountain, steeper trails, long trails, and relative flat trails, so it is good for all types of skiers. There are a few terrain parks here. 5/5 The terrain parks, for the day I went only one was open. It was alright, there were some kickers, a pipe, some rails, and a lot of boxes. I must warn you, there is one that looks like a kicker, but is not a kicker at all, there is no landing to it. I give the terrain a 4/5 because there are a bunch of terrain parks, which is good cause right after schools let out they get crowded fast. Overall, my experience at Camelback is pretty good. I give it a 4/5, which is better than I can say at the rest of the Poconos.