Camelback Mountain Resort Review

by: Billfish - Dec 30, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 30, 2007

I'm going to surprise everyone with my review, because it is POSITIVE!
My wife and I enjoyed our ski trip at Camelback. We tried the night skiing on December 19, FANTASTIC! There is 100% lighting! It was snowing lightly. Not many ski resorts can boast that. I watched the weather reports before planning our short trip, cold temps, some natural snow, pleanty of snow making (22 out of 33 trails open, which improved to 24 trails). This is definitly an excellent mountain for beginners and intermediates. The fast quads get you back to the top so you are back on the slopes in no time. I highly recommend mid-week skiing, no long lines. I hear the weekend crowds are a pain. There is an excellent package available at the Chateau(a stones throw from Camelback's entrance). It includes ALL DAY LIFT TICKETS! This package is accessed from Camelback's site, don't pass it up. It's better than any other "ski & stay" package in the area. It includes of course accommodations, lift tickets, and a full hot meal breakfast at their on site resturant(a $9.00 breakfast otherwise).
My wife and I also skied Thursday and Friday morning (Dec.20&21). Nice well groomed trails, no lines , fast quads, friendly lift attendants, the Nile Mile is their longest intermediate run (very nice). For East Coast skiing this was very nice.
Apres ski, there is a nice brew pub close by. Also there are several ski shops close by with excellent rental deals.

Camelback gets my recommendation as an excellent place for beginner/intermediate skiers. Again, take advantage of the ski package $75. per person double occupancy per day (at the Chateau) mid-week through Camelback's site which includes the all day lift tickets, etc.