by: anonymous_user - 3rd December 2007

First, I am compelled to write as I find Blue Mountain to be Eastern PA's Best mounatin by FAR... But I am writing with mixed emotions as I don't want to deal with more slope traffic... But, I write because the folks who own and manage Blue deserve props for the awesome place they have created and run. First as a skiier and rider of over 30 years I have seen a few mountains; Blue Mountain is great for both Skiiers and snowboardes with The HIGHEST vertical in all oF PA very close to 1,100 VERTICAL FEET , WHAT IS jACK FROST 550'? The only mountain that comes close to Blues' vertical is twice the distance from Philadelphia... sorry Elk Mountain... love you, but you are too darn far... Doh! Another great thing about Blue is the top to bottom terrain park including a series of boardercross "S" turns... Nice!!!... Then you consider how wide and long the begginers and intermediate trails are and really no other Eastern PA mountain even comes close. ALSO the trails don't criss-cross each other the way mountains like Camelback do...(this is a bad thing if you have skiiers and snowboarders on the same slopes since boarders make wider turns and have a true blind side.) Blue Mountain also has serious uphill lift capacity with a rocket quad and a detachable 6 pack... Can you tell I love riding at blue? No I don't work there or own stock. Wish I did... But after much driving to many mountains over the years, Blue Mountain is one of the few Eastern PA mountains I can say is well worth the 1 & 1/2 hour trip from Philly... Thats right folks only 1.5 hours for double the vertical of Jack Frost or Big Boulder and 25% more vert. than Camelback... So now that you know... Please go to the other "mountains" so we have shorter lines at Blue. Oh yeah I have never waited longer than 25 minutes at blue... What?! For serious... 25 minutes.