by: Frank - 14th January 2013

Close, Easy Access
Beginners

I've been going to blue since I was 4 years old yearly, and have always liked the mountain, especially when I got my license. It's nice and close, easy to get too, and is arguably the best mountain in the Poconos. I also like how they have upgraded the place over the years, showing how ownership really cares about the mountain (they even have a ski/board check in/check out to ensure that your boards and skis don't get stolen). However, the experience has gone way downhill since I've been there, with more people going there than ever, icy conditions, the number of beginners, and the number of deuschbags that think they're good. It's hard to find kind skiiers and snowboarders on the mountain, plus it can be incredibly icy at times. Blue also always closes it's best trail (Razor's Edge) for the sake of teaching the blue mountain race team, who are deuschbags as well, not to mention Blue's rates have gone up for lift tickets. Overall though, I still go because it's conveniently close, but I wish the people their were different.