Perfect Day!!!

by: butchdalton - Jan 7, 2011

Pros: Great Conditions, Friendly Staff

Cons: None

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

I arrived @ Blue on Thursday, January 6th around 10:30am and got a parking spot two spaces from the door of the Valley Lodge and most of the lot was empty. The staff members were polite and helpful from the moment i walked through the door which someone held open for me. The cashier had a smile and took time to explain the new lift ticket system which allows you save your ticket and re-load it via the web so you don't have to wait the next time you visit, it also saves you two bucks doing it this way. Once on the mountain things got even better, there were very few people there and it remained that way until I left around 4:30. I did about 30 runs and only shared a lift twice, which is great if you board and like to strap in on the lift like I do. The conditions on the mountain were superb, a little icy underneath but that should be expected in this climate. As the day went on it got better and better, I had many runs were it felt like I was the only one on the mountain and surfing an endless wave. Overall I would say this is probably the best mountain this close to a major urban area in the country. Thanks for the continued great times Blue!!!!!