by: craigmcg - 29th January 2009

This is the place to avoid the lines and SIMPLYENJOY!
They should grow their resort even bigger.

Big Bear is PROFESSIONALLY run. this place is all about their "clients". Clients, not "customers" because they want you to come back every year. I've been elewhere in the region, and I've been disappointed. You can sense it from the check-in, staff, ski instructors, lift operators, management and right down to the guy that cleans the restrooms...these guys JUST PLAIN GET IT. Wherever they are getting their staff....they should keep going there and get more because they obviously love their jobs and the outdoors. At no point do you feel like a number. I was ready for them to start calling me by name. Kid Friendly: Absolutely. Challenging: More than enough risk is available. Accommodations: Superb. Value: Simply put, this is the best value you're going to get! I'm a fan, and I WILL BE BACK. I have kids, and they're still raving about the place and want to know when they're going back. That's what you want from a resort. Thank you for doing your jobs, I hate that I have to get back to mine.