by: Lucinda D - 19th February 2014

Great Resort in Quiet Community
none

We have been to Ski Big Bear on three separate occasions, but usually stay for a couple days each time. I love this mountain because it is not too daunting for a beginner skier like myself. The staff is so friendly and helpful, and I love that the mountain isn't too crowded most days. Only Saturday gets a little crowded on the Bunny Slope. I have three young children, and with the help of the wonderful instructors at Ski Big Bear, even my five year old was skiing the blue slopes. If you are a beginner, you won't regret taking lessons from their amazing instructors. It definitely simplified things for me, and gave me the confidence that I need. Perhaps they even gave my 7 year old too much confidence, as now she skis the black diamonds and can do the entire mountain by herself. :) Oh, and one more thing...There is a cafeteria and a restaurant in the lodge. They have really good food in the restaurant, and I really like the hot chocolate and pizza at the cafeteria. All in all, a great place to ski!