Hawaii transplant stoked!

by: brugmann - Jan 5, 2009

Pros: Location, snow quality, not crowded...

Cons: Mon-Wed closed/ Bar view area

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2009

Being a father of four and a Honolulu resident of 28 yrs, the only bright spot, come the rainy winter in Creswell, OR is Willamette Pass! Jonesing for my beloved surf sessions, I have found metaphorical side-stance refuge at WP. I don't have much time with the demands of numerous ankle snappers, so the access of WP is a bonus. If you are keen to watch the weather predictions and school holidays you can hit it good every time. The mountain is closed M-W so that narrows the search but every session I have hit, has been a blessing. Many, as I read reviews, dog WP for some reason or another? Everyone has their own disposition so if you don't appreciate what a spot can give, then drop in some where else. Big mountain sessions are necessary however local peaks like WP are opportune for a huge segment of the crowd. Crappy snow or crowed lines are a result of poor planning and not being Wundergrounded. Rates at the lift are reasonable or you will put that cash thru your tail pipe in search of something better? I have been stoked on my experience at WP, I know you could too. Find the silver lining and slide it, don't pee on it. The only con I could find is the killer lodge view is from the bar upstairs and patient moms with "kids" can not sit there with them. Management could work on a more accommodating family viewing area. Oh, by the way, I grew up skiing the Austrian and German Alps for those readers who were ready to fire off on some dude from hawaii who doesn't know about mountains... spread the aloha! Peace out!