by: brojus22 - 21st December 2008

Steep terrain, not many people
lift prices

I heard Mt. Bachelor was offering 40 dollars discount for all day because of LIMITED opening. Willamette Pass didn't do anything about it. Peak 2 was closed and terrain park needs to be set up BEFORE planned opening or else offer some kind of discount... if we don't get the full park, they shouldn't get the full price. After I got off the Twilight lift...I noticed two lift operators talking and not paying attention to keeping riders out of way when incoming riders get off the lift, this could cause serious injury to a fallen ski-er or snowboarder. The cooler near cafeteria are exposing beer for sale....seems like bartenders upstairs have trouble selling beer? The highest priority is keeping kids away from beer drinkers on main floor. Keep beer out of the main level coolers or someone might be sharing it with minors. Think about it. What's the point of having a bar area, if you're selling beer elsewhere? Even with the full park running, the lift ticket prices are kind of outrageous. Many of my friends say they'd rather spend the money to drive to Hood or Bachelor than pay that much for a smaller park. The smaller size does have some benefits, because it offers beginners a chance to learn to ride without people everywhere, but the prices are a bit steep for the size and the service. Think about it...I have been riding at Willamette Pass in the past 13 years and I'd hate to take my business elsewhere, but it's getting to the point where I almost want to...