by: David Meisner - 11th March 2007

I love Willamette Pass. Grew up on Hood that is now over run by humungo amounts of weekend warriors and the terrain doesn't feel that steep or challenging anymore. At the Pass, we have 50 degree plus, crazy steep tree runs, drops, more hidden outback than you know what to do with and can ski freshies all day long. The whole mountain feels like a family, community type of thing and everyone cheers everyone else. When I knock out a good bump run I always hear poles click and cheers fill the air. How can ya beat this? The Pass has everything from good terrain parks, drops, bumps runs, high speed quads and I've never waited more than about 2 minutes to get on a lift. I've never had a bad experience with any help here though I'm generally focused on the hill and my experience with the mountain, not my relationships with the ticket folks. I think some people who complain about the staff must be really really short sided of the goal of the mountain. In regards to the person who almost had his child taken. There's freaks, perverts, beautiful people, honest people, and everything in between in every venue from the church to the shools to the workplace and playground. This is out society. We gotta be safe and accept the risks of an open society. To Blame the Pass for this incident is rediculas. I love the Pass and would rather ski it than Bachelor and Hood because I love the steep terrain, tree runs, drops, outback crazies and great people plus it's very close to Eugene where I live. Check it out, you won't be sorry. -David. Peace!