Magic!

by: Powder Hound 100 - Apr 23, 2013

Pros: Snowed for Four Days-Beautiful Lodge

Cons: Not a Steep Mountain

Date Visited: Apr 1, 2013

I loved this place and can't wait to get back. I was there for four days in middle April 2013 and it snowed everyday. Really in April? I was so happy. The runs are not steep but the trees are great and I like that it's not steep because I worked on form and the trees. Come on. The best. The Lodge itself is a magical place and must be respected in every way. I love they post signs in the hall ways from10PM and to 9AM that it is quiet time. So cool. So old school. So classy. Friendliest staff anywhere. The food was good. Too expensive and portions were not for a hungry skier. They want you to have every meal as a 5 course meal to get full. Sometimes you just want to chow down after a day on the slopes and forsake the pretense. Best New England Clam Chowder anywhere. Truly the best. It was a perfect clam chowder. They need a bigger beer selection especially for Oregon. Wasn't beer invented in Oregon? Loved my feather bed. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot I was in love and it was snowing. The Palmer lift may be an advanced steep racing run but it wasn't open when I was there. Teams practice here in the Summer. There are a few good places to eat and drink in Government Camp but no nightlife at the Lodge which is fine by me. I am going back as soon as possible.