by: Don - 27th December 2010

Nice ski area for the family and beginner children
Some rain at times. Slow lifts.

Overall I think Ski bowl is a very nice ski area. I have been taking my family and friends there for 16 years. The more advanced skiers can go to the upper bowl, or ski the terrain park. The terrain park leaves a lot to be desired, but at least they make an attempt. It has nice gradual roads for the real beginners, and the rope tow is a good little hill to get balance. The rope tow area could be made nicer with a termination point at the bottom. It just slopes right into the woods so if you lose control, watch out. The staff is much nicer this year, maybe due to the recession. Last year I was there twice, and the staff was snotty and aloof.I didn't go back there for the rest of last season because of the indifferent attitude. That was six lift tickets they lost for the rest of the year due to bad attitudes. I almost quit all together due to the lack of respect from two staff members. The food is "out of this world" expensive so pack a lunch. Salad, sandwich and medium drink for 20 dollars? Get real.Lift tickets are very reasonable. Rentals are too expensive. The fusion pass is the way to go. Lifts are slow, but seem well maintained. I help someone get back to the main area from the east side to the west side every time I go there. The "High Road" trail back to the west side is not marked very well from the east side. I overhear someone talking about getting lost or stuck on the east side and not know how to get back to the west side quite often.