by: anonymous_user - 18th December 2007

I may not be the best person to write a review, but I WILL give you an honest opinion. I am biased as I have had a season pass here since 1993. But here is the real story. It does get crowded on sunny, weekend days. Arrive early or park far,far away in the overflow lot. It ski early or late because the lines will get long in the midday. The attendants are pretty good, especially if you give the a candy bar or other treat to show that you appreciate the job they are doing. I couldn't really tell you about the bar or the lodge because when I go, I go to ski, not hang out inside. However, here is the real skinny. Go Monday through Thursday and parking is great. Go when it is storming and the lift lines are short to non-existent. The powder is great. Ski the bowls first, then go to the Star and do O-ring a few times. Then hang until Heather opens. You will not be dissapointed. Check out Cooper canyon if you are good enough. Just follow the locals when the begin slogging off the top of Cascade. The terrain is varied, so there is something for everyone. The parks are good when they are set up, though the tend to get crowded. As for the Apres' ski, well, there isn't much. If you must find it, hit the Mt. Hood brewery on the way down the mountain. The mountain is both family friendly and for advanced skiers. I taught my children to ski and was able to have them take the easy way to the bottom while I played in diamond territory. Now we all play in Heather! So remember, you get what you ask for. GO on a January weekend and show up @ 10 am, and your day will be off to a rough start. Go midweek and enjoy 45,000 vert. ft. BTW-night skiing is also very enjoyable, but the terrain is limited by the amount of lights.