by: anonymous_user - 20th January 2007

Probably the worst experience of my life. The staff at Cooper Spur are the most unprofessioal and rude people I have ever dealt with from a customer service standpoint. A friend & myself had reservations for a cabin, and when I came down sick, we tried to cancel or reschedule our reservation. Yes it was inside of their 14-day cancellation policy, but they made no effort to assist us in any way. The manager Jodi, informed me that we would be charged the $250 rate and there was nothing she would do. When I explained that I was sick and unable to ski, she just started reciting Cooper Spur's policy about cancellations. I fully understand their need to rent rooms and sell lift passes, but the attitude and unprofessionalism displayed by the people I spoke to on the phone was inexcusable. In an effort to find a remedy for my problem, I called Mt. Hood Meadows which is a sister company (owned by the same group) to see if they could provide me with another name of someone who might be able to help me. The lady there was very nice, and actually put me on hold while she called Cooper Spur herself to talk to the manager. After a few minutes, she told me that she had not gotten any cooperation and that the person she spoke with at Cooper Spur was actually rude to her. She gave me a Portland sales office number which she said I should call on Monday and see if they could help me. When asked, she also said that if she were me, she would call my credit card company and put a stop on the charge. The friendliness of the lady at Meadows, basically told me that the people at Cooper Spur could have helped me out, but obviously chose not to. I've worked in customer service before, and I know, that you should always make an effort to help people out and keep them happy. This shouldn't even be a policy, it should just be common sense. Regardless, I will do whatever it takes to keep from paying Cooper Spur the $250 for a room that i will not be able to use. At this point, i would rather pay $500 to the credit card company just to ensure that Cooper Spur never sees my money. Perhaps extreme, but just on principle, it will make me feel better. In closing, I hope anyone who reads this will think twice before becoming a patron of Cooper Spur Mtn. Resort. I also encourage anyone who has had a similar experience to post as well.