by: mgalarneaux - 20th February 2008

I was a little leary about going to Cooper Spur Ski Resort after reading some of the reviews. I think most of the poor reviews were meant for the lodging. I took a 52 yr old, 3-20 yr olds, and a 13 yr old. It is a great place for a beginner and if you have never skied or snowboarded then for the price of the beginner pkg $30(which included equipment, ski lift ticket and tubing and only $15 for lessons every hour on the hour you cannot complain. The instructors were very helpful and nice and were there to help you learn. We watched those who did not take lessons and did not know how to ski or snowboard become very frustrated and gave up and then those who took a lesson became confident and were ready to go down the beginner slope by the end of the day with confidence. We would recommend this to anyone who is a first time skier/snowboarder. If you have been skiing for years, I would think that you would probably get board here but for beginners or even an intermediate skier, the price is right. I did not stay at the lodge so I cannot tell you anything about that. I would suggest that if you are renting equipment there you are there by 9 a.m. to be sure you get the equipment in your size and they do not run out.