Cooper Spur Review

by: laura79 - Jan 16, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 16, 2008

I'm guessing that Cooper Spur may be a good place to go when it's not going to be busy! We took our 2 kids there on New Years day and had a dissapointing experience. The parking lot filled up quick and we had to wait for over a half an hour for the shuttle bus which is supposed to run every 10-15 minutes to the ski area. Our first impression when arriving there was that the staff was unfriendly and rude. I'm guessing maybe they are a little overworked and underpayed?? No excuse for giving bad service though. Their rentals were a joke to say the least. Their snowboarding equipment for the kids was so outdated that we decided not to rent gear for them at all. Instead the kids did the innertubing which was also very dissapointing. They had to wait in line for one of a handful of tubes that were being shared to go down a super short run. They got bored with that after 2 times down. The staff makes it clear that there are no refunds for the tubing which was $10/kid, they must know that it's a joke themselves! On the bright side the lift line did go pretty fast and there are beautiful views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood from the top of the hill. Other than that I probably wouldn't return to Cooper Spur unless I knew that we were going to have the place to ourselves. It's definitely a beginners slope and not much fun for a more experienced skiier.