by: MgoBlue - 9th January 2008

Last January I had a chance to go to Michigan and visit some old friends and we decided to make a 2 day trip to Searchmont. No other midwestern resort compares with this one! The snow conditions were excellent(a few inches of fresh powder on the first day). One thing I enjoyed was their 2 slopes back in the woods and the fact that you didnt have to stay on the trails. If you could find your way down through the unmarked woods, you were welcome to do so. Not much to do besides ski and ride, which was fine with me. When I pay money for a lift ticket I intend to get as many runs as humanly possible! Lift lines did not exist here (think the longest I waited was about 2 minutes). Second day was frigid with temps around 20 below, but I was having fun, so I barely noticed. If you enjoy skiing or riding without having to wait 17 years standing in a lift line, you owe it to yourself to visit this place. If you go midweek, you may just about have the whole mountain to yourself. Oh, yeah...they also have one of the midwest's best terrain parks.